National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Ohio Chapter – Membership Meeting Minutes
November 11, 2016
Started: 12:04 pm.
Participants: Ashley Burke, Jennifer Sitterley Baum, Joseph Motta, Maggie Sutton, Jim Koewler, Dawn McFadden, Marta Williger, Blaine Brockman, Elizabeth Durnell
Minutes: The August 2016 Minutes were approved. Motion by Jim Koewler, seconded.Unanimous voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Richard Meyer presented balances of accounts via email:
– checking balance $7,608.25; CD $15,541.10; TOTAL $23,149.35
- Website/List-Serv: Jim Koewler – not getting any content except own. Please send to Jim.
- Lobbying: Blaine Brockman – in talks with lobbyists; Jim Koewler – national newsletter dicussed NAELA foundation and Michigan chapter has its own piece of the foundation, can we do the same thing and use toward lobbying? Money used is targeting toward specific effort (Blaine)
- By-laws: Ashley Burke – national NAELA creating categories of members – allow higher levels different levels of access, including access to listserve
- Calendars: Jennifer Sitterley Baum – will send out 2017 dates
- Jim Koewler suggested discussing how to advise clients re: delay in JFS responses (weeks and months) in next substantive call. Maybe will get fixed soon.
- Substantive Call on Friday, December 16, 2016 at Noon – Discuss delays in application approvals
- Membership Meeting on January 13, 2017 at Noon
Meeting Adjourned: 12:20 p.m.
Jennifer H. Sitterley Baum, Secretary
Link to PDF: Membership Meeting Minutes November 2016